ballpein hammer

ballpein hammer
   A hammer which has one side of the head flattened for striking, and the other rounded for flattening rivets or forming a dome. Also see bush hammer, claw hammer, mallet, and nail.

Glossary of Art Terms. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Нужно сделать НИР?

Look at other dictionaries:

  • ballpein hammer — /ˈbɔlpeɪn ˌhæmə/ (say bawlpayn .hamuh), /ˈbɔlpin/ (say bawlpeen) noun a hammer having a head with one end shaped like a ball, suitable for beating metal. Also, ballpeen hammer …  

  • hammer — [1] To hit with a hammer. [2] To ride hard and fast. [3] Someone who rides hard and fast. [4] Trucker slang for the accelerator pedal as in When we get past this parking lot we can really hit the hammer. [5] A hand tool with a (usually metal) and …   Dictionary of automotive terms

  • lump hammer —    A hammer with a heavy, rectangular head, usually made of iron, used to strike stone cutting tools. Also see ballpein hammer, bush hammer, chisel, claw hammer, and mallet …   Glossary of Art Terms

  • bush hammer —    A steel stone carving tool, often with a large, brick like head, having two striking ends, each covered with rows of pyramidal metal points. Found in several sizes, some with a longer, thinner head. Bush hammers are used to dress the surface… …   Glossary of Art Terms

  • mallet —    A wooden hammer used to apply force to chisels in wood carving. Also see ballpein hammer, bush hammer, and claw hammer …   Glossary of Art Terms

  • dent —    A depression in a surface made by pressure or a hit. Also see carve, concave, dapping block, declivity, ear, fluted, hammers (ballpein hammer, bush hammer, claw hammer, mallet, manipulate, mortise, relief, repoussé, rugosity, subtractive, and… …   Glossary of Art Terms

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”